Coachella 2005

15 November 2003

Part 2:

Saturday Fremantle "Fly by night club"

Fly by night is a "musicians club" a sort of Coop. Beyond cool.
It was evident that Chan was very into this club. She was hanging out with a lot of the people there. She appologized several times stating "I so wanted this to be a good show I am so sorry". The audience was extremely receptive. Someone said "i don't know what the fuck you are listening to but this is great".
Before the show she came out put her hand on my shoulder, sat behind me and said "I keep wanting to talk to you but i am afraid you are going to hurt me". Dead silence. I left shortly thereafter. Some guy came out and i got some really bad vibes. Had to split but came back for the show. i don't know what that was all about but i didn't like it at all. It really effected me. i just couldn't grasp (and still can't) as to how or why that impression was takin. Utterlly shocked and appaulled

She was much different when on stage. Cross Bones was added to the set list to my complete suprise (as if an appology). When the song came up she broke down. Really started stressing out. I told her to play what the fuck she wanted and that I never wanna her that song again (Please Mr. Please).
The show progressed. Only one request was honored "satisfaction". Few if any aknowledgments of requests. It was a good show despite frequent appologies for it being otherwise. I have trouble recalling songs for this show, I think due to the dominance of the preperformance comments. Another departure from standardization. This is what I like most about Cat Power.
Just never know what the fuck is going to happen. Very interesting.


Sunday, Perth Rosemount Hotel

Rosemount Hotel is a medium size venue about 500. Nice place with a good vibe. She kicked the band out less than half way in (not planned) and did the rest of the show solo. The band hung out outside the club. On my way to catch the Red Eye to Sydney (had to leave before the show ended) we all hung out for about a half an hour, while Chan played. They were a lot of fun.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?