Coachella 2005

25 January 2004

From The Greg Weeks Website:

"And All Shall Gather To Leave (Or Die): Song For Chan"
Ptolemaic Terrascope (Magazine Supplemental CD) (England)
Spring, 2000


When Chan Marshall was in the midst of recording initial sessions for The Covers Record (most of which weren't used), she, Jim White and I ventured upstairs to my apartment to get the autoharp she had left behind for safe keeping. At some point I said something that was misunderstood by Chan, and Chan's feelings were inadvertently hurt. The incident plagued us both over the next day, and when we saw each other back at the studio we gladly reconciled and put the entire thing behind us. As is the nature of my personality, I continued to feel a low-grade misery over the whole thing, and channeled that misery into the song provided here. It was my way of saying that interpersonal communication is inherently flawed, and that in any situation you have to give the benefit of the doubt to the person you're with. This track was also the song that got me thinking about multiple vocal melodies, which I tried to make greater use of on future recordings.



The saddest song/
it serves you wrong/
don't look away/
I'm not the one/
there's an evil/
under the tongue/
lies they appear/
and the truths/
they come undone

Holding out/
forgiveness counts/
please let me leave this place/
I'm not the one/
to deliver/
this fallen race/
I saw the face /
of a child/
born out of place/
come gather 'round/
holding hands/
and leave this place.

anyone got that song?
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?